CREATIVE BOOST is a 4 week e-course/summer camp to unleash your creativity, inspire you into action and get your creative juices flowing.
I wanted to create a e-course that could inspire you to think differently with how you approach creativity, explore different colours, shapes and textures and that can be done with your children if you wish.
It was inspired by wanting to include more creativity into my own life. So often we get caught up in running our businesses and we forget to take some time out to re-explore our creative sides.
I also wanted a course that can be done together with your children. I realise there are many of you like me who have children and I wanted to create a course that allowed you to spend more time together rather than taking you away from them. Children benefit from learning how to be creative and allowing them the freedom to explore their ideas too. By exploring the creative activities together you can spend quality time with each other.
What will the course cover?
Creative Boost will cover Shape, Colour and Texture and the final week will be used to create a piece of artwork that explores the new things you have learnt.
Week One: Shape
* We’ll discuss ways that you can be inspired by the shapes around you.
* Your activities will involve exploring shapes within nature and in your sketchbooks.
Week Two: Colour
* We’ll explore colours, how to create new ones, where to find colour palette inspiration and how to use colour to express yourself.
* We’ll look at how you can find colours within nature, create colour families and experiment creating our own colours!
Week 3: Texture
* How to use found textures to inspire you
* Using textures to add depth to your work
* Where to find texture ideas and inspiration and how to use them
Week 4: Create
* We will bring all the previous 3 weeks of exploration together to create a piece of artwork that expresses you as you see fit.
* Each student (the grownups) will have the opportunity for student feedback through our Facebook Group.
What does the course include?
- 4 weeks of prompts, exercises and activities to boost your creativity in work and play.
- Inspiration and encouragement for your creative journey
- Colourful worksheets and downloads
- The opportunity for interaction and feedback from other students
- A private course website for students only
- A list of special resources, books, and websites for that can help you boost your creativity
- A PDF workbook full of the activities and exercises so you can get a creative boost again and again.
How will it work?
You will explore and develop your creative skills in a supportive environment. The course content will be released weekly on Mondays. You will then have the rest of the week to explore the theme and do your homework.
You will make friends, inspire and support each other in our private Facebook group. (Please note the Facebook group is for adults only). Here we will discuss the activities, any questions you may have, explore your creative backgrounds and any hurdles you might be facing. Together we will share ideas on how best to bring more creativity into our lives.
You will need to spend around 1-2 hours a week on the course but this could be more or less depending on how long you wish to spend on exploring nature and finding inspiration. I will also be providing optional bonus activities that you may wish to do if you have the time, if not you can do these at a later date.
Who is it for?
The course is for anyone who wants to explore their creativity, find new ways to discover inspiration, shift your creative blocks and kickstart your creativity again. Please note, this is not a business course.
The course was designed to be suitable for adults and children and I encourage you to share the activities and worksheets with them for no extra cost.
What can I expect to learn?
- How to include more creativity in your everyday life
- How to be more creative with your children
- How to get creative with what you have on hand
- How to find inspiration for creative work in your everyday surroundings whether you live in the countryside, city or quiet town.
- How to use a sketchbook to document ideas and inspiration to draw from at a later date
- How to shift creative blocks
- How to take your inspiration and use it to innovate new ideas that you can use in your work
What will I need?
- You will need internet access to access the course on your computer.
- A colour printer if you wish to print out the pdf worksheets.
- A variety of art materials. You can work with what you have to hand already but paints, brushes, sketchbook, pencils, pens, paper, glue, scrap paper…
- A sketchbook for exploring ideas and taking notes.
- Optional: A camera to document your outdoor excursions so you can refer back to them easily. If you don’t have a camera you can still do the course.
Dates: 6th August 2012 to 31st August 2012
Duration: 4 weeks
Fee: £45/ approx $70 USD, $67 AUD, 57 Euro
Cancellation policy: Due to the nature of the course a refund cannot be issued once the course begins.
Registration ends Saturday 4th August.